ESIP Lab supports Earth science innovation.
ESIP Incubator Request Proposals
Next Incubator Request Proposal will be in November 2018.
See currently funded proposals below.
ESIP Lab funding transitioned a published hydrologic model from “research grade” science to a cloud-based operation.Eric Sproles
NumFOCUS Small Development Grants
(CLOSED) ESIP members can submit an idea to the Fall 2018 NumFOCUS Small Development Grants program.
We will update funded proposals in Fall 2018.
- A deep-learning driven improved ensemble approach for hurricane forecasting
- Operational data provenance and cybersecurity for anticipatory disaster communication built on mesh networks
- Geoweaver: a web-based prototype system for managing compound geospatial
workflows of large-scale distributed deep networks
- SensorDat: Real-time sensor testbed for improved provenance and data
- ESIPhub: Developing and promoting an ESIP community resource for sharing and running scientific workflows via JupyterHub
- Building an operational network to validate novel inland water swath altimetry
- Enabling the encoding and visualization of provenance metadata for better discovery
and understanding of climate resilience strategies for agriculture-related decision-making